Thanks to Michael for sharing one of his favorites: Mom’s Broccoli Casserole. As you can see below, it is pretty easy and straightforward. Nothing fancy, nothing complicated, but a guaranteed success. I love casseroles because they’re easy to make and this one covers vegetables and starches at once. Great to accompany sizzling porkchops or a juicy steak.
2 boxes of frozen chopped broccoli
2 1/2 packages of Success Rice (white) in a bag
15 ounce jar of Cheese Whiz
1 small onion (chopped)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 stick of margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook broccoli and rice per the directions on the box.
- Mix the broccoli, rice, cream of chicken soup, stick of margarine, and chopped onion while hot.
- Add as much Cheese Whiz as desired (usually takes approximately ½ to ¾ of a jar).
- Grease a 9” by 12” casserole dish with margarine and add mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
Tip: Add 1lb. of ground beef for an all-inclusive, one-meal dish. First, brown the ground meat in a pan until the juices have evaporated, stir in some garlic, salt and black pepper. Combine with the broccoli-mixture and follow the rest of the recipe.